A warm, comforting bowl of soup is perfect on a chilly day for lunch or dinner. Now that it’s finally feels like Winter in New York City, I like to make a large batch soup for Hubby and me to have for the week.
I made Rachel Khoo’s fresh take on Minestreone Soup. Her recipe is very flexible, and you can add whatever you have in your fridge and/or cupboard. It’s also fun and simple to make, especially in advance. It was so delicious, warm and comforting.
2. Add the carrots and give everything another stir.
3. Add the quinoa (or lentils, pasta, etc.)
4. At this point, you can add a pint or a can of cherry tomatoes. But I chose to do this at the end because I like s nice bite to my tomatoes.
5. Pour in the chicken stock, and cook the quinoa (or lentils, pasta, etc.) in the same amount of time it would take. At the 12-minute mark, add the frozen peas (and cherry tomatoes if you decide to add them at the end) and check the seasoning of the soup.
6. Taste to season and add desired amount of salt and pepper.
This soup was so tasty, and I liked the kick from the Harissa. I also liked the colors from the veggies and nice color of the broth from the Harissa.
I’ve been eating this soup for lunch this past week at work. My co-workers raved about how good the soup looked and smelled. For a soup, it was quite filling for me, and quinoa gave me a burst energy that I usually need to get through the remainder of the day.
You can find this recipe and many others from Rachel Khoo on her YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/rachelkhooks. Happy Cooking!
All images and content © 2016 Carol Vu, unless otherwise indicated.
2 thoughts on “Fresh Take on Minestrone Soup”
Indeed it looks so good!!!
Please visit and follow my Instagram (lazymom_cooking) and my blog (www.lazymomcooking.wordpress.com) for some recipe ideas 🙂
Thank you! Looking forward to checking out your recipes. Happy Cooking! 😀